The learning outcomes at the Doctoral School of the University of Wrocław,
the Doctoral College of Political and Administrative Sciences
Knowledge: student will know and understand
- Student will know and understand existing paradigms as well as global and local achievements in the area of political and administrative sciences, and will be able to develop the former creatively in his/her own research activities.
- Student will know and understand main developmental trends in political and administrative sciences which describe the role of political actors, processes and institutions at local, regional state and international level.
- Student will know and understand general methodology of scientific method, including epistemological and ontological assumptions and methodology of political and administrative sciences regarding methods of data collection and data analysis and modelling, with reference to latest scientific achievements.
- Student will know and understand the rules of dissemination of information regarding academic pursuit in the context of copyright regulations and code of ethics followed in research and publishing.
- Student will know and understand essential dilemmas posed by political, social and cultural changes and also within public administration
- Student will know and understand economic, legal, ethical and other key determinants of scientific activity in the field of political and administrative sciences.
- Student will know and understand basic rules for transferring knowledge to economic and social sphere as well as for commercializing research findings and practical know-how related to these findings.
Skills: student can
- Student will be able to share results of scientific work in various social environments, can initiate dialogue and participate in scientific discourses related to empirical research he/she carries out.
- Student will show a command of foreign language at the B2 level of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages which allows for active participation in the international academic circles and professional environment.
- Student will be able to plan and carry out individually and in a team creative research projects, including the projects in an international environment, using knowledge pertaining to political and administrative sciences and other social sciences
- Student will be able to individually plan and work on self-development and also inspire and support the development of others.
- Student will be able to plan individual classes or groups of classes (courses) in political and administrative sciences and in other social sciences and conduct them using up-to-date methods and tools
Social skills: student is ready to
- Student will be prepared to undertake a critical assessment of the existing findings in the area of political and administrative sciences and its sub-disciplines as well as of student's own contribution to the development of political and administrative sciences. A student will be also prepared to acknowledge the importance of political and administrative knowledge in solving cognitive as well as practical problems.
- Student will be prepared to fulfil social obligations that political scientists have towards the society, is ready to initiate actions beneficial to the public interest based on knowledge on politics and administration and to think and act in entrepreneurial manner.
- Student will be prepared to sustain and develop the ethos of research, especially in the domain of political and administrative sciences, including:
• doing academic work and carrying out political and administrative sciences research in an independent manner;
• respecting the rules of public ownership of the results of scientific activity, with respect to the principle of protection of intellectual property